Home Energy Industry Survey
Last fall, the Home Energy Industry Survey was conducted. Here are some of the highlights from the results:. Some highlights include:
- The single biggest challenge to residential energy efficiency and clean energy improvements is Awareness and Education.
- Contractors find the availability of low-cost financing, support in recruiting employees, and sales/lead generation support among the most helpful resources the building performance industry could provide.
- Weatherization Agencies find the availability of recruiting support and more learning/educational opportunities among the most helpful resources.
- The highest rated potential policy initiatives focus on rebates and tax credits, weatherization for low-income families, financing, and contractor training.
- National and local policy advocacy, consumer awareness, and training and workforce development were rated as the most important needs for the five collaborating partners to focus on.